California’s current climate path is insufficient to meet the demand of addressing our climate crisis.
As severe as the current conditions are, we know working class, Black, Indigenous, and communities of color have been suffering for generations from the worst impacts of climate change. This is not new for so many of our communities. It’s why we are fighting so hard for a clean energy future.
We need a transformative transition of our infrastructure, transportation, buildings and economy to prepare for our future.
We have the solutions:
- Transitioning away from fossil fuel burning and extraction and exponentially growing clean energy
- Electrifying our buildings and transportation
- Upgrading our power and energy infrastructure to be climate resilient
- Creating more resilient landscapes through large scale conservation and better management practices
- Protecting communities through transitioning to green infrastructure, and more livable/walkable communities
- Investing in Black, Indigenous, communities of color first
- Creating good, union jobs as we scale up this transition
Now, we need to send a loud message to Governor Newsom and our Legislature that we are behind them and expect them to be as bold as possible in this moment.
This is the role of government in a crisis, and we need them to show visionary leadership right now.